The Barding Saga
Eyvind Olvirsson's Hersir
- +2YoungFull of life; fierce, hot-headed, strong, quick, and healthy.
- +1VersedSkilled; someone hardened and honed by life experience.
- +1GenderedHow well do you fit in the role society expects of your gender?
- -1WyrdFated; someone lucky, odd, out of the norm or set apart.
- Björn Bardsson is my family.
- Orm Halbjörnsson is my family.
- I have shed blood with Odin Allfather.
- Eyvind Olvirsson is my goði.
Halbjörn has all the basic moves and male moves. He also has:
When you join a fight, invited or no, take a bond with someone present if you both survive.
When you charge the enemy without regard for personal safety, yelling and howling, roll +young. On a 10+ they all back the hell away or endure grave harm. On a 7-9 the same, but only if you choose to press forward and endure grave harm yourself.
You own a small, shallow ship suitable for raids and have the service of a few men willing to sail with you and follow you into battle. These are both maintained by Eyvind Olvirsson, whom you serve in return. When you go a-viking in the summer, roll +versed. On a hit, your ship is safe, your crew paid and satisfied, and you have a handful of silver worth of goods to show for it. On a 10+ choose two. On a 7-9 choose one:
- You bring back another handful of silver worth of goods.
- You come back before the winter and don’t tempt fate on your journey.
You can send word to your constituents to arm themselves and prepare for battle. Roll +versed. On a 10+ they are ready and willing. On a 7-9 they have their doubts and demands and want to sit in council first. On a miss, your leadership is put into question and support withdrawn.