The Barding Saga
Bard the Learned
Landnámsman at Bardstaðir
- +0YoungFull of life; fierce, hot-headed, strong, quick, and healthy.
- +1VersedSkilled; someone hardened and honed by life experience.
- +1GenderedHow well do you fit in the role society expects of your gender?
- +0WyrdFated; someone lucky, odd, out of the norm or set apart.
- Björn is my child
- Helga Hognisdóttir is like a daughter to me.
- Sarcastic Nereid is my sister and confidant
- Gudrun is my wife •
Bard has all the basic moves and male moves. He also has:
You own Bardstaðir. When you supply the longhouse, spend 1 food and 1 wood to:
- keep its residents warm and fed for a season
- entertain guests
- throw a feast
At the beginning of the session, roll + gendered. On 10+ hold 3 labor, on 7-9 choose one:
- you hold 1 labor
- you hold 3 labor but it’s back-breaking and counts as accepting a physical challenge
On a miss, some part of your farmstead is depleted, goes into decay, disrepair, or becomes otherwise unusable until you work on fixing the problem.
At the beginning of the game, roll -1. You hold that many head of livestock (cattle, goats, and sheep). Any time from spring to autumn, when you milk or shear your animals, spend 1 head of livestock and 1 labor to collect 1 food or 1 fabric from them. In winter, roll + hay spent. You hold that many head of livestock for the following year. If you have leftover livestock from the previous year you can immediately collect 1 food or 1 fabric from them but you hold -1 head of livestock for each resource you collect this way.
Bard owns three slaves — Caoimhe, Weylin, and Shylah. At the beginning of a session, he rolls +food spent on them. On 10+ he holds 3 labor. On a 7-9 he holds 1 labor. On a miss the MC chooses whether they are exhausted, rebellious, starving, sick, or several of those.